Temporary



Heyy yall! I know that it's been a while since I've posted ...over a month to be exact. After I gave this big speech about how I was going to do better with keeping up with my blog ...trust me I know I've been sad about the fact that I haven't been able to write as well. So I felt that I needed to offer an explanation as to why I have been so absent and let me just start by saying that it was completely out of my control this time.

As you all know if you keep up with my blog or follow me on social media, this summer I decided to embark on the quest of stacking this paper. How? By taking on two jobs. What does this have to do with why I haven't been blogging? Well first and foremost having two jobs is time consuming because when you aren't at one job there is a ninety-nine percent chance that you have to work at your other job. This summer I'm working at a church camp and let me just say ...I've learned so much from my students, but we'll talk about that at a later date. So back to the matter at hand, my time management skills have seemed to only revolved around work and moving into my new place. Yes, I'm moving! No...not out of Miami, just something closer to my jobs and something more convenient for my social life as well.

I've been stalling on telling you the real reason why I haven't been writing so here it is ....

Basically, one day after leaving summer camp and heading to Nike I had left my backpack in my car. Not thinking anything about the fact that my laptop was in there, because I typically only carry my backpack with nothing but crayons, my coloring book (I know I'm childish lol), and planner. However on this day, I decided to bring my laptop because I was planning on helping one of my friends with something and needed it. Needless to say, I chose the wrong day to leave it in my car. After leaving work one night, I had discovered that my passenger window of my car had been busted out and my favorite backpack that I've been carrying for years now had been stolen. It took me a minute to realize that it wasn't my favorite backpack that was the true problem, but yet the fact that my laptop that I've had since junior year in high school was in that backpack. However, even after that realization I couldn't seem to wrap my head around the fact that someone had really broken into my car. I literally haven't shed a tear or even felt the slightest bit of anger towards this thief.  I had a smile on my face the entire time I waited on the police to come for a police report and then proceeded to sing along to my favorite Drake song as I cruised down the highway with a window that will no longer roll up.

Why didn't this phase me?

Two reasons.

One. My laptop has been in pretty bad shape for going on two years now. In my mind, it's just a reason for me to finally get a new laptop. Let me explain how bad I needed a new one. It wouldn't stay on unless it was plugged into the charger. Also, you had to wrap the charger around and finesse it into the perfect position just so it would charge. If you bumped it the wrong way ...BOOM! Laptop would instantly cut off.

Two. It's only a temporary item. Yeah it had all the pictures and videos that I've taken over the past 6 years, but oh well. All of those things are just memories that I'll have to hold in my heart ...or find on Facebook, because we all know that they truly hold all the gems. But honestly, it's just another temporary item that can be replaced. Sometimes we get so attached to things and become so consumed with living a certain lifestyle that we fail to remember that people go without these luxuries every day. Everything is temporary. The good. The bad. The ugly. And the beautiful.

So what have I learned from this?

That everything in life is temporary so we should cherish the things we have while we have them. And of course ...to never leave something that looks valuable in the open while leaving your car unattended.

Soooo now that you all know why, please be patient with me as I now have to purchase a new laptop. However, I won't let this stop me. I will still be posting blogs. My voice will continue to be heard ..even when I don't have a laptop to express them on.

Thanks for reading. Sorry, it was so long.

Comments