Dear Daddy...




Happy Father's Day! To all the father's out there I just want to say you are appreciated. For all the hard work you all do for us on a daily basis that often goes unnoticed, I want to say thank you. Thanks for stepping up to the plate and being there when we need you most. Thanks for being the backbone of the family and for being strong when no one else could carry the load.  You all receive the least amount of credit in praise in this world, but today is for you.



To my daddy:

I want to say thank you for everything that you have been in my life thus far. You were the first man that I ever loved. You've been my best friend, my supporter, my coach. You held me close, but gave me room to flourish and grow. Thank you for for being a father to me, my sister, and every friend that I've had in my life. I remember all the walks that we took across the bridge in downtown. I remember being excited to go to the movies; getting to share the big bowl of popcorn that we never seemed to finish and the Coke you would get that you always had to go refill during the middle of the movie and once more before we departed. I remember all the road trips (whether it was just us or the car loaded up with my friends) that were filled with deep conversations that taught me so many life lessons. Me and my friends always reminisce on the times that you taught our basketball team: from the countless rides in your van to every missed lay-up you had to endure, Coach Cooper will forever be our favorite. Thank you for loving me, which ultimately showed me how to love. You've always been there for me when I needed you most. Thank you for teaching me that being humble will get you further than boasting about your every move. For sharing with me all the positivity and love that radiates from within you, I say thanks. I know that no matter where this life takes me, you'll always be a phone call away. I know that there is no love like your first love, and for that reason you'll always have a piece of my heart. Thanks for being the best daddy a girl could ever need.

Love always,

Your Little Girl


P.S. Sorry I couldn't be there today, but I'll see you soon.

Comments

  1. Thank you. Love you more and more each day. Happy for the choices you have made and I am constantly happy that you are who you are and who you have become. Love you and Yiesha and enjoyed watching you go from babies to beautiful young ladies. Love you and Thanks for being you. The best you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment