Patience




As I sit here on FaceTime with my best friend I wonder why I'm in such a rush to figure everything out and grow up. She's literally playing sandwich stacker, Lilo and Stitch version on Disney.com, and enjoying every minute of it. So much fun and excitement through each level that she passes, as if this is the only care in the world. 29, she just passed level 29! How many levels is it? Idk! ...At this time it is the only thing that matters to her. Why is it that we are in such a rush to figure everything out? Why am I so concerned with growing up? In all actuality all I want to do is relive the days where I was on the playground with my childhood friends singing along to the latest Cheetah Girls' movie. We were so pressed to grow up and to be "grown", but now that we're here I would trade it all in to play four square again after school.

Today, has truly been one to test my patience, but it's made me realize that there's absolutely nothing we can do but take life how it's handed to us. We can plan for the future and stress about what's going to happen next, but honestly what good does it do for us? I can tell you ...NONE, whatsoever. If there is anything that I have learned from this day of sitting in my apartment, staring out my window praying that the rain stops, is to have patience. Somehow between all the worrying and stressing, everything seems to find a way to work itself out. It might not be as fast as you want it to happen, but that's the beauty of it all. Life doesn't happen how we want it to happen, but yet somehow we're still here ... and at the end of the day, that's all that matters. Patience is a virtue. Live in the moment. Embrace the unknown. Take each day as it is given.

Comments

Post a Comment