Reclaiming MY Time




Happy New Year!

Here we are once again back at the 1st day of the new year; decreeing and declaring that this year will be our best year yet - new year, new me type vibes.

But will it really?

Think about it...we've said it time and time again, year after year and somehow by the end of each year we find ourselves beat down by the series of unfortunate events that we encountered over the past 365 days. So why do we continuously set ourselves up, just to get beat down? Although I could preach about this for a while, I'm going to get straight to the point ...FAILURE TO PLAN.

I can sense the eye rolls and heavy sighs as I type the words, but just hear me out.

We proclaim these outlandish ideas and set unreachable deadlines for things that we've been thinking and pondering on all throughout the year and expect them to magically flourish this next year just because we've gained another calendar year. We haven't made the first steps in accomplishing these goals, we just declared it out loud to "put it into the atmosphere" so to speak and expect to stumble upon these blessings.

Welp, I'm here to tell you honey ...IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN LIKE THAT!

Somewhere along the way we forgot that we have to WORK for what we want. Year after year we set ourselves up for success by making vision boards, buying planners, and starting accountability groups. However, as the year starts up and the days begin to tick by we slowly lose momentum and motivation to become that "new" person that we declared we would be.

How can we fix this? You say? WRITE IT OUT. PLAN IT OUT. then PUT IT INTO ACTION. 

WRITE IT OUT. 

Even I fall victim to saying that I'm going to do better in certain aspects in my life and find myself in the same spot that I left off the year before. For instance, my blog ...every January I come on here and write an encouraging post trying to inspire you to do better for the next 365 days - to only write a few blogs throughout the year. I say all this to say that you have to commit yourself to things that set your soul on fire.

In the last church service of the year I heard a quote that I'm molding my 2019 around and it simply says, "if you can't stop thinking about it, don't stop working towards it."

I feel like this spoke to me personally because I've had a business idea in my head since the end of 2017, but didn't take the proper steps in 2018 to get it off the ground; however, that doesn't mean I'm going to give up on it. That just means that I need to break it down into smaller more simple pieces so that I can accomplish my end goal. Don't over burden yourself, writing it down will allow you to see all the things you are committing yourself to and to visualize if it's a logical goal or not.

PLAN IT OUT.

Honestly, I think that's what's wrong with us as a society today. We have such a microwave mentality that when things don't work out in the timeframe that we set them in then we give up on them and lose all hope. When in reality we are going to face some obstacles and have to overcome some hurdles along the way. And if we're being honest, the best things in life take time - anything that comes easy isn't necessarily worth it in the end. For example, if you want quality food that's going to last on your stomach for more than a few hours it's going to take some time to prep and cook whereas, if you want something quick and to the point you can take a lap around a drive-thru and get something instant (that won't be as healthy) but will satisfy you short-term.

PUT IT INTO ACTION. 

Now that you have pondered over your next steps and see what it takes to accomplish your goals. DO IT! I get so tired of people saying that they are gonna do this and do that ...JUST SHUT UP AND DO IT! No need to make constant announcement of your every move. As the Nike slogan states ...Just Do It. You know what it takes in order to succeed and to get to where you want to be. Don't get weary in well doing; keep going.

That's all I've got for now. Hopefully you will see more post this year from me. I'm working on better time management and my organizational skills this year so my blog should be on a more consistent basis. As always, thanks for reading ...also check out my new vlog on Youtube. (25th Birthday Tingz)

Yours Truly,

Breology101

Comments

  1. Love it...thanks for the encouragement to Just Do It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Dope! Expecting a MASSIVE shift in 2019. You killed it! You understand Success takes failing over and over again. Let me add, planning and setting achievable goals are smart and maybe too smart. Too much planning and setting activates the analytical mind (which talks us out of our big goals and provokes fear). When you say visual it, also feel it, believe it and act as if it's already happening 2019. It's proven through quantum that all things work together so miracles do manifest unknowingly (through our actions). Proud keep going Breezy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment