A letter from my Jordan year...




Dear 24 year old Breology,

Happy December! Wow, I can't believe that the year is almost over. I write to you on this 3rd day of December to give you my last post in my Jordan year, as I count down the hours until my Kobe year begins. I can't help but to reflect over this past year of my life. This year was full of ups and downs to say the least, but guess what girl?! YOU MADE IT! To God be the glory!

If I would've written this last year it would have been coming from someone who was broken, insecure, uncertain, and fake happy. However, I'm thankful that I am able to say that you survived every setback, endured the pain, and found an open window after doors were slammed in your face. You continue to rise above and to put your faith in God and I just wanna say that you are incredible. 

I know that I'm hard on myself sometimes, but this past year taught me to speak life. Everything that you said you were going to do, you've done. Keep pushing yourself. I know that it gets hard because you're so full of ideas and want to do so much, but just take it one step at a time. You've got this. Don't rush your come up, because your struggle is where you are made. You learn the most about yourself, when you're trying to find yourself. Be patient. Your time will come. You will figure it out. & if not, you'll discover something much more beautiful.

You've had some pretty exciting things happen in your life this past year. You successfully moved to Miami and established yourself (finally lol). You've managed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle while also encouraging others to do the same. You started this blog. Although it may only be your parents who read it frequently, haha, you still found an outlet to express yourself. You've learned how to be a timely person, although you still struggle at times. But most importantly, you've learned to love yourself. It's definitely still a work in progress, but you know who you are and what you deserve. Never forget that.

I've met some amazing people, but lost some along the way. I'm grateful for my family and friends who have always stood in my corner no matter what phase of life I'm in. I appreciate every word that they have ever spoken to me, the life that they breathe into me. Continue to water into them, as they feed into you.

So for this upcoming year, keep pushing, keep striving, keep doing you boo! This year taught me that if you're patient, maintain faith in God, and a positive outlook then you'll make it through anything. I hope you remember this year of life, because it might've been your worse year ...but it was also your best year. Keep making goals, continue to set your standards high, and NEVER let any one take that beautiful smile off your face.

Love God. Love yourself. & everything else will work itself out.

Yours Truly,
23 year old Breology

Comments