305 to my city


Hello, everyone! I want to start by saying I apologize for not being consistent with my blog post, I'm trying, but adulting gets hard sometimes so bare with me. Anyways, today I'm celebrating something very special to me ...My 1 year anniversary in Miami!! Ayeeeeeeee, it's lit! I can't believe that it's officially been 1 year since I brought my talents down to south beach.

Did y'all catch that song reference? 
No? 
Okay ... I'll carry on. 

With my stomach in knots, eyes full of excitement, and faith, I set out on my 12 hour journey to new beginnings, full of thrilling new adventures.

As you can imagine, moving from the small town of Cleveland, Tennessee to the city of Miami, Florida (a city who could hold my entire hometown on its beach alone) was not easy. However, throughout this whole journey I've learned so much about myself, but so much more about this beautiful thing called life.

One of the initial lessons that Miami taught me was that change can be good. Although it was one of the most terrifying things I've ever done. I drove off with a brave face and a smile to ensure my mom that what I was confident in my decision. But once I got to the other side of Atlanta my fears start to set in, what was I doing why did I decide to leave home and go to this foreign place to live? No friends, no family ...just hopeful that everything would work out in my favor. But I knew that I needed it.

305 to my city. 

From partying on the beach until 6 am on any given night of the week, to introducing me to some of your most vibrant and inspiring individuals, to singing my heart at Rolling Loud on Biscayne with some of my favorite artist, to watching the indescribable sunsets you bless us with each day...Thanks for an amazing first year Miami. You've been a life changing experience. You took me into your bosom and sheltered me with your beautiful sunshine filled skies, and a city bustling with warm and positive vibes. Thanks for showing me that there is a life full of opportunity and potential just outside of my comfort zone ...all I have to do is be willing to take that leap. To every person who has offered me encouragement or even a simple smile on one of my worst days, you are appreciated. Thanks for allowing me to get hit with some lows, but for showing me that if I'm patient all the highs will make it worth it. Miami isn't an easy city to make it in, but somehow I'm one year in the game blessed with more than what I started with. Simply put ...thank you for an amazing first year Miami. I can't wait to see what this upcoming year brings us.


305 to my city. 
Don't you ever forget bout your story, I get it, you did it you did it. 


Comments