True to Self




Hey yall, it's your favorite small town girl coming to you live from the big city of Miami! I know I didn't do a good job of keeping up with my blog for the month of May, however I plan on making it up to myself ...and whoever actually reads my post, in the month of June. How? Well that's what this blog is all about! As you all know I love music and frequently get inspiration from it so the title of Bryson Tiller's new album got me thinking a little bit...

Ever since I moved to Miami, which has been 8 months now (that's crazy, huh?) ...I'm always asked the questions: why did I move here, what's my next step, and what am I passionate about. I only have an answer for one out of the three which is why did I move here (honestly, it's not even an elaborate reason, literally "just cause"). However, this next month I hope to take some steps to figure out my next two answers: what's my next step and finding my passion. The next month is going to be a busy month for me ...but not really lol. I'm in the process of moving and finding a new job so that I can flourish and be great in this amazing city!

Since we're about halfway through the year I had to take a step back and reevaluate my goals for this year. We're constantly changing and as such our goals and plans change as well. Some people think that you can only change your course when something major is happening, but honestly what are you waiting for? You can change TODAY!

My plan for the next month is to get my body in the best shape possible. How will I do this? By cutting meat out of my diet completely! This year has been all about growth for me, pushing myself. At the beginning of the year I completed a fast where I cut out social media and chicken ...this time I want to go a step further while trying to get into shape for the summer. However, since I live in Miami it's summer all year so I'm trying to get that "summer time fine" body to last a little longer.

Also, next month since I neglected to post basically the whole month of May I am challenging myself to make a post every day for the next 30 days. I plan on exploring the city more this month, because honestly since I've been in Miami I have yet to go visit the great places that dwell within the city. I want to find the authentic food places from the various cultures that thrive here. I hope to visit museums, the beautiful walls in Wynwood that I have yet to see, and the new aquarium that I pass every day on my way to work. For the most part ...I plan to start living this month, not just existing.

Somewhere between all of this I hope to find something that strikes my passion. I want to fall in love with something so deeply that I can't see myself going another day without it in my life. I long to find my passion and discover what I want to do for the rest of my life. They say if you find something that you love and learn how to make money off of it, then you won't have to work a day in your life. Welp, hopefully I'll discover mine within this next month ...and if not? I'll keep searching I'm in no rush.

Sometimes I get in the habit of comparing myself and my progress to others, but you can't. Each person is different in their own way, therefore there are different paths to success. Honestly, each person has their own version of success so why do we get caught up comparing ourselves? Don't try to follow in the steps of someone else ...make your path, discover yourself, just be you!

I hope you enjoy my journey of improving myself and finding my passion over this next month.

Comments

Post a Comment